2013 Honda Accord
Body Styles, Trim Levels, and Options
The 2013 Honda Accord is available as a midsize sedan and coupe. Four-cylinder sedans come in five trims: LX, Sport (new for 2013), EX, EX-L and EX-L with Navi. Opt for the Accord's 3.5-liter V6 and three trims are offered: EX-L, EX-L with Navi and Touring.
The 2013 Accord coupe comes in LX-S, EX, EX-L and EX-L with Navi, while the V6-equipped coupe comes only in EX-L and EX-L with Navi trims.
The base four-cylinder LX comes with:
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Full power accessories
- Cruise control
- 8-inch video display
- Bluetooth (phone and audio)
- Rearview camera
- Cruise control
- Tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel
- Height-adjustable manual driver seat
- Folding rear seat
- Four-speaker sound system with a CD player, an auxiliary audio jack, iPod/USB audio interface and Pandora functionality.
Opting for the new Sport trim brings:
- A bit more horsepower
- 18-inch wheels
- Rear spoiler
- Eight-way power driver seat (with power lumbar)
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel with shift paddles for the CVT.
Compared to the LX, the Accord EX trim gets you:
- 17-inch wheels
- Heated mirrors
- A sunroof
- Keyless ignition/entry
- Power driver seat
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Honda's new LaneWatch blind-spot display
- Six-speaker sound system.
The EX-L trim adds:
- Leather upholstery
- Driver-seat memory functions
- Four-way power passenger seat
- Forward-collision and lane-departure warning systems
- More sophisticated rearview camera
- An auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Premium seven-speaker sound system with satellite radio and smartphone app integration (HondaLink).
- The EX-L with Navi adds a navigation system with voice recognition.
The EX-based trim levels for the 2013 Honda Accord sedan with the V6 engine are pretty similar to those for the four-cylinder EX models. The V6-exclusive Touring sedan tops the range, combining LED headlights and adaptive cruise control with the equipment from the EX-L with Navi.
For the coupe version of the 2013 Honda Accord, the base LX-S trim is similar to the LX sedan. The coupe's EX trims are also comparable in terms of equipment, though the V6-powered EX-L has 18-inch wheels.
Powertrains and Performance
Most of the front-wheel-drive examples in the Accord range are fitted with the 2.4-liter inline-4, whether sedan or coupe. For all coupes and sedans except the Sport trim, the engine generates 185 horsepower and 181 pound-feet of torque, some 8 hp and 20 lb-ft. better than the previous base-model Accord's four-cylinder. The Sport trim's less restrictive dual exhaust frees up the engine to the tune of 189 hp and 182 lb-ft. of torque.
The standard transmission paired with the four-cylinder for the LX, Sport and EX sedans and LX-S and EX coupes is a six-speed manual. Optional for the four-cylinder sedans and coupes and standard for the four-cylinder EX-L sedan and coupe trim is Honda's newly developed CVT. The 2013 Accord's 3.5-liter V6 is upgraded this year and now develops 278 hp and 252 lb-ft. of torque. Backed by a conventional six-speed automatic. With the four-cylinder, performance is markedly improved.
Every 2013 Honda Accord comes with:
- Antilock disc brakes
- Stability and traction control
- Active front head restraints
- Front seat side airbags and side curtain airbags
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Lane-departure and forward-collision warning systems are available on upper trim levels.
Worthy of particular mention is the LaneWatch blind-spot system (EX trim and above), which instantly switches the 8-inch screen's display to a low and expansive view of the passenger side of the car when the right turn signal is engaged. A camera in the right-side mirror dedicated to this function provides a confidence-inspiring view, and acclimating to catching the view in the center-dash display is quick and natural.
1478 Savannah Highway, Charleston, SC 29407 | Map & Directions